Polymetal International PLC (Amur Hydrometallurgical Plant), London listed company, is a leading recious metals producer in Russia and Kazakhstan. With a high quality portfolio of gold and silver producing mines and a pipeline of invested growth projects, the company sees its main strategic objective in delivering value to its shareholders through the generation of superior returns on invested capital.
A key element of Polymetal’s strategy and growth plans has been the creation of regional processing hubs, which the company is currently expanding and optimizing with the aim of ensuring the most efficient and responsible use of resources by treating ores and concentrates from various sources at centralized locations, ultimately improving returns on the company’s investments.
Amur Hydrometallurgical Plant is one of the main refining capacities of the enterprise and services two gold fields of Polymetal. The production specifics and severe operation conditions determine the necessity to choose thoroughly the communication equipment and safety control system paying special attention to the reliability, durability and use of state-of-the-art technologies.
The high operation rate and increased risks due to the hazardous conditions of functioning and high level of noise require effective measures to establish continuous commuting inside the site as well as at the adjoining territories used actively in the production process.
• Implementation of full-coverage audio and video communication systems at the whole territory of the spatially extended site to prevent emergency situations and to provide operating control over production processes;
• Providing the enterprise’s personnel of different departments with fast communication and high sound quality in the conditions of high level of noise;
• Implementing of reliable, safe and convenient system which enables reducing the out-ofservice time nd provides ease of use even wearing work clothes and protection means.
Amur Hydrometallurgical Plant, Polymetal Group Mining and Steel Industry
• Location: Amursk, Russian Federation
• Project type: Intercom and PA/GA
• Production volume: 589 Koz gold production, 26.5 Moz silver production (2012)
• Delivery and installation – 12 weeks
• 5 DCN Central Exchange Units
• 2 DIS Desktop Call Stations with a gooseneck microphone and 80 direct keys
• 48 DW Weatherproof Call Stations including the call stations with the additional internal
25W amplifiers, connected with explosion proof horn 25W loudspeakers
• 38 horn loudspeakers, 25W
• 41 weatherproof signaling devices
Armtel’s advanced explosion- and weatherproof equipment guarantees an all-time availability and reliability of the integrated solution installed within the project. Intercom, Public Address, General Alarm and Warning functions provide flawless full-coverage announcements and warnings. Fast structured communication for inside and outside territories is now available for the plant’s employees.
Armtel solution met all the modern requirements to the communication at the big processing company. Especially adapted for the conditions of the mining industry, this type of industrial communication has a long range of operation; there are no inaccessible areas for it.
Wire communication can operate in case of high noise, humidity and dustiness and in potentially explosive zones. To contact a particular specialist, just press the appropriate key
of the call station. Operators not only supervise the production process, they
also take part in it. The reliable fast communication provides the opportunity to contact the required specialist to find out the cause of work stoppage and to take the corresponding